Wednesday, February 04, 2009

CUPS of sanity

Look what came in the mail from the Grand-cup in Idaho! (I think she loves us. I know she loves us, because there was chocolate in the package.)











The two youngest attendees, Cupcakes, in their weekly snuggle.
Just so you get the idea of how completely huge Madame Serengeti is, and what different personalities Traci and Mary are....this is a major photo, since Traci had sincere reservations about coming that close to a handbag this wild.
This week, CUPS nearly didn't get thrown together. Traci had been in Billings the day before, Anne had been buried in pork paperwork and potential problems, and Mary had worn herself to a frizzle worrying about whether her bag would make it to the house. (You see what drama we have, what issues we face every week. Don't whine to us about your stacks of bills, health problems or bad manicure; we have REAL concerns. Will Traci make it to Costco? Will Anne know what form the producer needs for slaughter? Will the faux giraffe be a gaffe? Nailbiters, I tell you.)
And when we did finally meet, it was more like a meeting of MUGS (Mothers Under General Stress). We intended to make more valentines with the fun supplies, and not eat so much. We actually ate most of the danish Traci brought from Costco (she DID make it) and talked and drank coffee with whipping cream that we didn't actually take the time to whip. But it was good and relaxing, and so sweet to be with loving friends that accept each other and laugh at foibles in each other's lives.
Next week CUPS goes on the road, for a visit to a Grand-cup who promises to make us a scrumptious dessert and show us a good time. (This dessert had better not be made with Splenda or skim milk, I tell you. Wednesdays are for the good stuff!)
So, would that make us travel MUGS?

3 comments:

michelle said...

I LOVE it! The bag, the gathering, the descriptions...all of it. I'm so glad you got the bag -- that thing is amazing. You'll have to keep us updated on how often the bag gets a comment; that's when you know for SURE it's a good one -- comments from strangers.

Also, I think you all should come visit the Grand-cup in Idaho. :D

Jen said...

Farmer's Wife: I love that you comment on my blog! I also lurk on your blog as well. I have to say good for your mom, but did you see my psot that I GAINED 2 lbs after my colonscopy?? :)

TraciG said...

I must say, we share SOME similar traits... that's an attractive gray hoody you have there... Love the new look although I miss the You might be a SAHM ranch wife if.... Good work!