Thursday, January 22, 2009

Not what I had in mind...

Have you had the chance to visit the Pollywog blog in my list of blogs I'm following? It's stunningly beautiful, with photography that makes your heart sing and narratives that inspire. I have been looking at her images and decided, the other day, that I was going to go out and find beauty in the world around me.


Let's just say my surroundings lack the same romance. In my yard, I found evidence of dogs, a couple of unloved, forgotten toys that didn't get taken in for the winter, a couple of frazzled cats and a really dirty car. I've included the pictures of the car and the cats. They were the least offensive of the images.


















Indoors, the surroundings had a different flavor. I found the usual half-dressed kids, a preschool paper plate frog, smiling cocoa mugs and a serious bullet loading project going on at the table. Not nearly what I had in mind.


















Inspirational photography is bleak in Eastern Montana in January. And it's tough to wax poetic about the nature around me, when it consists of dust bunnies and dirty snow! But this is our life, right now.

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Well, you captured father and son sharing, um, quality time?! While it may not be inspirational to some, I know some guys that would find the father/son picture divine inspiration. Also, you captured real life, as it happened, which tells its own story.

Patricia said...

Hi there! Thanks for your most kind words, dear Farmer's Wife. I'm thrilled that you have been inspired to uncover the beauty that surrounds you. I can see it already - the pure white snow, the beautiful children, a father's patient instructions, fluffy kitties (I LOVE cats), and even bare branches against the blue sky. With cuties like yours, I'm sure that your home is filled with an abundance of fun and laughter - though that can sometimes be difficult to photograph!

I hope you will be a frequent visitor to Pollywog Creek...and that my photos and words will continue to inspire and encourage you. Blessings to you and your family!

Kerri said...

Good morning! I love Pollywog Creek. I think I might have found her because of you!

I, too, have limited photo ops here right now. The back yard....ummm, frozen piles of snow and frozen doggie doodles. Not a pretty sight anymore! The beagle boys are getting baths this morning so perhaps I'll take pictures of them afterwards -- they're so high strung after a bath and do the funniest things!

Posting some of my Project 365 pictures today, along with a scripture I read on someone else's blog. It had one sentence that spoke to me "Oh, that my steps might be steady,keeping to the course you set." from Psalm 119 I've got some major miles to get done on the treadmill today so I am taking my Bible with me to read! I should get the Bible on CD so I can listen to it...I'm such an auditory and hands on learner.

Have a great Sunday~ keep warm!