
(A serving of humble pie was dished up hot to me this morning...I posted this, mistakenly, on the Postcards and Prayers blog. Imagine, if you will, opening your Bible Study email/blog and encountering this picture. I'm SURE it will garner some comments. And it will probably inject a little energy into the study, don't you think?)
A little picture to start your day off right! This one makes me smile every time I see it. Wouldn't you like to know where those stools are? And you know the little nuns are having a ball, shocking the public!
If you get the chance, check out Michelle's blog, about books this year. I LOVE it! And I'm taking notes. I was so excited to read it, and wanted to respond, but didn't have my brain about me, so I'm not sure I made any sense at all. I was scrambling for titles, authors, ideas.... What is everyone reading, this winter? What do you WANT to read, in 2009?
The other thing I was going to talk about is the challenge Beth Moore issued on her LPM blog, about memorizing two scriptures a month. I don't know how many of you know this about me, but I can't walk by a challenge. (And use this information for good, and not evil...) I signed up, and I see that Traci did too. I'll just say this. When I hide God's Word in my heart, sometimes it REALLY hides; either that or it's hidden in my heart but not my head. Do you remember Dorie, on Finding Nemo? That's what it's like, some days, for me. And some of you know that and use THAT knowledge for evil purposes!
So my list of 89 Things I Want To Do In 2009 is done. Not all things are valiant, noble, profound things. Some are pretty silly and specific to me. In fact, all but 5 are that way. I know not all will get done, but at least the list will remind me to do SOMETHING! I know Marisa wants to know, why 89? It's the year I graduated and it's an odd number to go with an odd list. Now if you graduated in 2000, you lucked out!
What are some things you would like to do in 2009? Even silly things. No, ESPECIALLY silly things!
Here are a couple from my list:#3= Make Cohagen postcards #21= Go to the dentist (I MUST do this one. Bring a gun to get me out of the car.) #30= Make a souffle #35= Have Auntie Mary's Summer Sleepover for the neices in tents on the lawn. #49= Take my kids to a rodeo. #59= Wax the kitchen floor. #34= Put lipstick on after brushing my teeth in the morning.See? Now, what are your ideas? They've GOT to be better than some of those....Happy Tuesday!
4 comments:
I love the picture! I wanted to go visit Michelle's website but I need to be an invited reader. Michelle, can I please be invited? :)
My only goal right now is to not knock my family's heads off -- they're driving me nuts and these four little walls called the house are getting smaller and smaller as the Christmas vacation and horrid weather goes on.
You have to be an invited reader? Well, then...I invite you! (Is there some technical setting I need to fix?)
I really loved this post...maybe it was the fabulous picture, I don't know...but my brain was dancing around with half-formed brilliant replies...and...well, they didn't get past that. Details and, well, intelligence, are kicking my backside these days.
Anyhow, I love your list idea, writing down the things you kinda imagine maybe happening so that they actually do. And such fun ideas! But I graduated in 98 so...that's just way too long a list..
But for fun...some things I've thought about...
...I'm going to the dentist too...no gun needed, though
...family "indoor camping nite"
..."naked ladies party" (have girlfriends clean out unused clothes and all get together and do a clotheswap, donate extras)
..."glamour shot" night (have girlfriends doll up and do a photoshoot...pretend to be models...ideal to wait so we can do this in an outdoor public location)
...make more music (reaquaint myself with my guitar)
...learn to knit/crochet a scarf/hat/potholder (pending locating someone to show me how)
Hi, I happened to notice that you are memorizing the same very random scripture as I am on the LPM blog. I asked God what He wanted me to learn and that was it. It's cool to see that there are others out there "hiding" it away too. I am going to check back with you. I love your sense of humor. ~Sheryl
Keep my house cleaner
Have a plan for supper BEFORE I get home at night
Exercise 4x a week
Keep a good attitude about my brother's wedding
Go to church more often
Keep up with weeding in my garden
Go skiing (join me?)
Post a Comment