Sunday, November 23, 2008

Go Fish













We cut a deal with the four year-old this week. Actually, we cut a deal with the four year-old this week AFTER a uniformed friend visited our house and took possession of "Sassie". Yes, she still had a sassie. Only for bed, every other night, but it was still here and had taken a life of it's own on, if you know what I mean.




We told her if she could make it through the week with no fits or tantrums, that she would be a big enough girl to have a fish of her own. She informed me that she didn't want to grow up and maybe she would like her own puppy instead. I think she has a future in contract negotiations for unions. (I can't stand the thought!!!)





Today, we filled our end of the bargain because she's been good about her end. Angus is trying to horn in on the pets....he remembers Nemo, the movie, and is much like the naughty girl tapping the tank! Maggie is pretty sure the fish are starving and need fed about every 45 minutes. Wayland thinks the fish have a short life expectancy in this house and about 15 minutes ago I nearly dropped a large bottle of Moscato wine on them.....not cool! (For the record, I was trying to hang the wine in the caddy, and NO, I hadn't been imbibing!)





Here are some pictures with the kids and the fish, both parties looking fairly healthy! (The photo of the betta is not the actual fish...just the same type and color we got....that, and some little neons.)

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Well, it looks like a fairly secure little fish tank, I'd be worried about the betta attacking the neons, but otherwise they'll probably live for years. You'll be wondering, won't these fish ever die? Congrats on finally losing the "sassie."

Jessica said...

That is great to hear that the "sassie" is gone. Those can be great, but evil at the same time.
A fish tank is an awesome idea--they should do fine and I agree with Marisa....they may take a while to die (the betta anyways).