Saturday, August 06, 2016

Let's Not Go There

Today's assignment is to list five places I'd like to go. 
Since I want to go EVERYWHERE, it's easier to list the five places I really never want to go. After that, I'll show you pictures of Glacier Park in a following post. Everyone wins! 

Five places I never care to see:

1. Las Vegas. Don't even begin to defend it or encourage me to be open-minded about this city; I just don't want to go. I'm sure there are very interesting people and things to do there. There are ALSO very interesting people and things to do everywhere else in the world, so I'll take my carry on elsewhere.  

2. Barrow Point, Alaska. I had family that lived there when I was a kid, so I read up about it in National Geographic. I can very confidently say that there's nothing there for me....especially since my cousins moved further south.  

3. Yankees Stadium. Meh... see the note on Las Vegas.  (Really, this is just to make sure my frienemies are still reading my blog and to get them stirred up for Tuesday's rivalry series.)

4. Death Valley. I just told a friend of mine that I didn't want him to send any photos from his recent stay in Los Angeles because Hell shimmers in the background. Later, I realized it was not Hell but Death Valley. Same difference. 

5. Caves. No caves. Not even blanket caves. Just no. I went to Lewis and Clark Caverns with my friends the Yosts and realized about 15 minutes in to the tour that caves were NOT for me. 

Whew!  Glad that's over!





2 comments:

Patricia said...

At least one of your frienemies is still reading and she still loves you, of course.

Except for Yankee Stadium, of course, I would agree with your list, especially Las Vegas. In general, I'm not excited about visiting cities, unless they have unique historical significance or charm.

Sara H said...

I am WITH you on Vegas. I have never wanted to go. Well, I take that back; when I heard Reba was performing with Brooks and Dunn for an extended engagement, I thought about going. But didn't. It holds no appeal to me.

I also really really detest traffic tunnels, so I understand your cave thing. Like I start sweating and can't breath while we drive through them. There is one between Italy and France (Mont Blanc tunnel) which is 7 miles long and I nearly had to be sedated.