Saturday, June 13, 2015

Honoring a Grammy's Request...

for more baseball pictures!

This team is HOT.
Not in their batting, catching, big plays, scoring, or anything like that.
They're pantingly warm in their little dark blue TB Rays tee shirts, playing ball in 90 degrees, with no shade whatsoever.  One little guy just laid down at third base, with one foot on it just in case the ball should roll his way and he could lounge someone out.  The coaches, bless their hearts, were telling the kids, "Hustle in, hustle out!!" when it was time for them to change from offense to defense and vice-versa, but a slow ooze was about all they got out of 'em.

Here's our man, #6, up to bat:

He's ready. Eyes on the ball. All business, here.
All he needs is a little beard and he'd look like Dustin Pedroia. 


And contact is made!


Tosses the bat like an old pro....


And safe at first.


Watch this run from second to third...
Nothing but air, here.

Trying to decide what to do if he gets there and that US Bank kid won't give him room...


and basically, it's the behind the back sneak approach.

Made it!



Intently watching the batter, now. 


Headed for home....


YES! The man cub scored a point!

Here he is in the outfield.


I'm not sure who's going for the ball, here.

 Little men and big men, baseball players and pals.


This is thirsty work!

After three longish, very hot innings, everyone was happy to call it a game and load up for Dairy Queen!


4 comments:

Rosie O'Grady said...

I loved this documentary. They do all this before school is out here in West Texas. Time change and baseball knocks this kids for a loop just in time for testing.

Sara H said...

The cuteness overload! Loved it.

Anonymous said...

Oh I loved this. I know I am late responding but love the pictures and I can almost taste the heat and a little dust! Hugs!

Cowboy's Sweetheart said...

I will try again as I am not Anonymous to you I pray!