I'm happy to announce the birth of Violet Jane's first calf, a bull baby named Chrysanthemum (called Chrys)!
Isn't he one of the most perfect Angus calves you've ever seen?!
(Please excuse the lettering on the tag. I didn't do it, and am slightly appalled at the portrayal of the OC brand.)
His mother thinks he's the most perfect calf in the world, too, and she's concerned I might steal him out from under her pretty nose. Here she's checking to make sure he's safely hidden under the tree where she left him. (New mother cows are terrible at keeping secrets...)
Daisy also calved yesterday morning, but I haven't gotten a picture, yet. She had a heifer who's named Buttercup. (Although you know she'll be referred to as Princess Buttercup like the heroine in The Princess Bride.)
1 comment:
I am glad to hear you got one for the sale and one to keep. I think the price will stay up even though lean meat is not going to be recommended on the Daily Food Guide.
Post a Comment