Thursday, April 23, 2015

Grand Godbaby

I have one, you know.
And he's the most perfect little piece of humanity!

His grandparents and I have been friends for 30 years. When I married the Farmer, we became legitimate family while we'd always FELT like family, anyway.  They're Pluhars, too! (This caused some confusion with my godson: "Am I your god cousin, now?" Tricky stuff.) For the first years of their marriage and my college, I practically lived with them....poor kids....and Jason, my godson, was our favorite entertainment most of the time.

Well, we all grew up, somehow, and Jason married a dear girl named Destanie; we laughed and cried and danced at their wedding two years ago. And they had a dear, dear baby this spring. They're kindly letting me be a grand godmother, and IT IS THE BEST THING.

Oh, my goodness....I get those "first date" tummy tickles when I know I get to see him...for reals! And I can't put him down when they let me hold him.
We won't even talk about how many smooches are expertly placed on his little head.

Here are pictures from yesterday. I got to spend the afternoon with my best friend, her grandson, and his great grandma...it was so good!




I understand, now, how grandparents can be just crazy for their grandkids...
All the fun, none of the responsibility! 

No comments: