Thursday, September 18, 2014

Just Like Magic...

The rains came at the right time, the end of the summer, and now we're getting some warm days so it feels like June instead of September.  I think this is God giving me a little gift after making me panic with the snow thing a week ago. (Yes. Snow. But this is Montana, after all...)

Last night I took the dogs for a tromp after supper; it works a little of the jumping beans out of Tessie and I love the evening as the prairie sighs good night to the day.  The moisture and warm days have produced bug hatches like you can't imagine, though, so it's sort of a swarmy type walk near the reservoir.

Mosquitoes weren't the only thing that hatched though.
The tiniest white moths you can imagine are everywhere, too.  They're not like the grey, creepy, dirty millers.  These are ethereal little things, so soft and tiny that when one lands on your arm you're not sure if you feel it, or just that you SHOULD feel it because you know it's there.

As I was walking back to the house, every step in the grass caused a little swirl of white moths to flutter up and around in front of me.  It looked as though invisible beings, perhaps angels or fairies, were throwing white flower petals in front of me as I went.  Enchanting!

I didn't have my tiara with me, sadly, which just goes to show you that I really shouldn't go anywhere without it.

When I was putting Maggie to bed, she talked about seeing them too, and had the same sort of feeling!

I hope we never lose the ability to see the magic in life.

1 comment:

Denise at Life With Four Boys Coffee Please said...

This is a simple and beautiful post. Don't loose the magic!