Saturday, June 21, 2014

Tessie Lou, Brittany Supermodel

I'm horribly biased, but I think Brittanies are the prettiest, classiest dogs in the canine world.  Especially the females, with their flouncy feathered legs and perky triangle ears....not to mention the bright eyes that notice EVERYTHING.

Here's Tessie at 9 months...
Ready for a centerfold spread in Gun Dog magazine.





Here is the bird who has built a raggedy old next in one of our spruce trees and who swoops and cusses at the glamour girl for getting too close.


Fierce looking little thing, isn't he?  
I know this is the daddy bird because he did a horrible job swooping and cussing.  The mama bird returned a few minutes after I finished taking the photos and took him to task over his relaxed attitude toward property protection. 
I think she was secretly pleased that we said disparaging things about the nest because she herself had not thought it up to snuff and so was validated in her criticism. 



2 comments:

Denise said...

So happy to see so many photos!

Shelly Reeves Smith said...

For awhile my browser wouldn't let me comment, but I'm trying again. Don and I enjoyed going back and reading these posts. Makes us so homesick for MT!