It's cozy, isn't it?
This morning I was having coffee and digging through Psalms, looking for a word in the Word, when I found a note from a friend that I had tucked between the pages of my red Emmaus Bible. It wasn't anything profound or sentimental, really; just a little jot on a piece of spiral bound paper that said she was glad we got to see each other that day and that I'm loved. I have a habit of sticking letters and lists in books, then finding them much later. It's a sweet surprise when I find them...like getting the letter again!
Tucking is good.
It's delightful to me to read a recipe that tells the cook to tuck an ingredient into another part of the food. You just KNOW it's going to be a happy outcome when a Reeses peanut butter cup is folded into a cookie. Or meat and potatoes are encased in pastie dough.
Tucking is good.
And THEN, you get to tuck into the meal!
With a napkin tucked under your chin...
Tucking is very good.
When you're sewing, you take a little tuck to make things fit better. It's amazing how a garment can go from being baggish to fine with just a few stitches. (I think this is where the phrase "nip and tuck" came from, but I don't know for sure.)
Tucking is good.
Moms are all about tucking.
There's "Tuck in your shirt; you look like a hobo, for goodness sake!"
And "Did you tuck the sheets in, when you made the bed, or just throw the blanket up?"
Or "I'll be in, in a minute, to tuck you in and you'd better have brushed your teeth, child..."
Which brings us to the very best tuck...
There is absolutely nothing better in this old world than being tucked into bed.
Stop for a minute and think of how that feels...
I'm sure there are some of my readers who haven't been tucked into bed since they were itty-bitty, and for that I'm sad because I come from a long line of great tucker-inners, Even now, even as old and grown up as I am, with kids of my own, I get tucked in once in a while.
To have someone sit on the edge of the bed and pull the covers up under your chin, brush your hair back from your forehead so they can kiss you in blessing, tell you good night and sweet dreams....
I think God tucks His children in, in Heaven.
Tucking is so, so good...
No comments:
Post a Comment