Monday, September 23, 2013

Monday Sundries

The bad news:
  • Maggie's only little cow, Poppy, that she raised as a bum and poured her heart into tested UNbred today and will be shipped...*gulp* and lots of tears.
  • My crockpot beef stroganoff is rahther....juicy.  Paula Deen swears on her dear old southern-fried heart that it will thicken, but I don't have two days and I'm out of cream-of-whatchacallits to add to it.
  • No less than 30 flies have been killed since we got home; I'm starting to think that for every fly I manage to kill, three pop up out of the carcass. (Do dead flies have carcasses?  If not, then what?)
  • I'm out of wine. 
  • I don't get the word study homework the kids are bringing home!  FIRST GRADE word study has me flummoxed. Whatever happened to good old spelling books, that's what I want to know???  
  • My fantasy football teams are pathetic because....get this....
  • San Francisco all of a sudden forgot they were the best team in the NFL and are playing like Montana Class D kids. (The worst part of that is that there IS no Class D in Montana.)
  • I'm out of wine.

The good news:
  • My heifer, Rosie, (Daisy's second calf) IS bred so the OC herd grew exponentially today. (Which is easy, when there are only two or three cows in the herd.)
  • I remembered to put food in the crockpot and I'm pretty sure I can flesh out the beef stroganoff with fat noodles.  Or not.  But, hey...it's cooked and smells like beef!
  • DID YOU SEE THAT I KILLED 30 FLIES?!?!  Maggie told me that they must be some seriously stupid flies, because I'm not known for my eye-hand coordination.  Whatever.  They're dead and I did it!!!
  • Found a beer-garita in the bottom of the fridge.  It was that or Marsala cooking wine.  SCORE!
  • Homework is finished.  And so is the laundry, because...
  • When I can't stand to watch my team(s) lose, I do other things rather angrily. It was a busy afternoon yesterday.
  • TTU Red Raiders are 4-0 and the polls grudgingly put them up in the top 25...with two walk on freshman quarterbacks, mind you.  Guns up!
  • I get the first shower! 

And so goes our Monday...




5 comments:

Patricia said...

So sorry about Maggie's cow. =( And I can't believe that your beloved Red Sox are division champs and in the playoffs and that wasn't at the top of your good list. (I think they'll win it.)

Wierdest MLB season (no Jeter and saying g'bye to Mo) and start to the football season ever. And after only one year in a fantasy football league, I was looking forward to knowing (or at least thinking I know) what I was doing this year, but Casey never got his league filled, so I'm without one this year. It's going to a long fall.

the Wife said...

I just had to comment to say I love the barb wire bullet points :)

Anonymous said...

I clean when my team is not doing so great also. Just wait until your kids are playing, people look at you really funny when your cleaning up the garbage in the stadium. Keeping my hands busy keeps my mouth shut, which is a good idea 99% of the time.

Lucy

Sara H said...

You're OUT OF WINE?!!!! How did this happen?

Denise at Life With Four Boys Coffee Please said...

Come kill flies at my house...I have wine.