Saturday, August 31, 2013

First Day of School 2013

Actually, it was last Wednesday.
And it was HOT.
Nonetheless, we participated, even though I really wasn't ready to send the barnacles back.
(I personally think the first day of school should just be a half day.  By the the time I got to the school that afternoon with my pan of brownies, the teacher and kids looked like they should have gone home at noon. Even brownies can't help...and that's saying something.)









 He's got a whole closet of serious first grade button down shirts and khaki pants. We aren't messing around when it comes to school clothes....






.


Maggie worriedly asked if I was going to follow the bus to school to take pictures there.  She then STRENUOUSLY informed me that it was horribly embarrassing to a fourth grader, that she had been okay with it when she was a first grader, but if I loved her, I would not come that morning. At all. Or call.
This is the last I saw of them, then, until 3 p.m....

No comments: