Well.
Right after that...
(And I'm talking within about 10 minutes)
God smacked me upside the head with a word.
Actually it's more than one, but when a verse jumps out of the Bible at me, that's what I call God giving me a word....I really don't know why I think that or where it came from, but that's what I call it.
Get THIS:
"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and the hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."
Isaiah 55:12
That's so stinking joyful that I laughed out loud!
I also thought that the psalmist showed remarkable restraint in not adding an exclamation point at the end of that particular verse.
Have you ever walked through trees and heard them clap?
I've always thought it was rustling, but now I'll hear the tiny, joyful claps of their hands.
Oh, and shouldn't we clap with them for a moment?
And perhaps that's why I love running in the mountains...they're singing to me!
The trees are cheering on the side for the melody of the mountains and hills...
That's good stuff, God.

No comments:
Post a Comment