It comes from my friend Anne, whose family made Vermont Maple Cookies for Christmas when she was growing up. I invited her to come make cookies with me in preparation for one of our Dutton Cookie Days and she brought this recipe with her. We had Vermont Maple Cookies EVERYWHERE, because we decided to double the batch and hadn't really looked at how many the original made...4-5 dozen, depending on how big you make them. Cookies on every surface. And in the background, Veggie Tales with the classic (and never to be forgotten to Anne) "If It Doesn't Have A Tail, It's Not A Monkey" song. I think we had to make something like 3 batches of frosting and by the time we were finished, we were hot, sticky and giggly from the effort...or maybe from the sugar high.
They were a BIG hit at Cookie Day! Imagine, if you will, cookies that taste like itty-bitty maple bars. Bite sized maple bars. Except better, because they're all maple-y and not deep fried.
I'll give you a moment, here, to wipe the drool off your computer keyboard...
Rather than just type the recipe, I scanned the copy I have, complete with stains and splotches and notes.


2 comments:
So glad they are now shared with such a good friend :) And I was in Vermont Maple cookie heaven that day!
These look delicious - thank you both for sharing!
Post a Comment