So, you all know I get Bon Appetit magazine, right? My friend Sara subscribes to it for me and every month I bless her generous, foodie heart as I wear the pages out, turning them down on the corners where I want to try a recipe or found a significant wine note.
This month was a doozy!
Check out the cover:
Seriously...it starts out with PASTA, then the creamiest chocolate mousse, followed by gourmet nachos and a nod to one skillet dinners.
And inside, it's even BETTER!
So, I got the idea that I would profile this month's Bon Appetit magazine this week in my menu for the family.
(Like they care...)
That's right.
I do a weekly menu.
It seems a bit too....organized and well-thought out for a flake like me, huh?
Here's the thing, though; because I'm easily distracted, I often find myself in a panic at 11:20 a.m. wondering what in the world I'm going to feed the guys at noon and how fast bologna might thaw in the microwave! (Not the preferred method of thawing lunchmeat, by the way...)
A weekly menu saves my life.
And my friends and family's life, too.
(You'll note that Sundays are the Farmer's day to cook. That's because I'm watching football.)
Please don't judge the nutritional balance or lack thereof...it's just a kick off for the main dishes. I can "accessorize" with sides, later.
I decided to try one recipe a day, beginning with Chorizo and White Bean Stew, today.
I bought the artisan bread, and we'll probably have a salad on the side (that the Farmer will slice a steak over), but other than that, it'll be the B. A. recipe.
I'll take a picture and let you know how it turns out!
Next week, Food and Wine profiled!


No comments:
Post a Comment