(I would think that would be ALL my friends, because the combo is heavenly!)
I don't know who Pete is, but I know why he's fat.
And bless his heart, he shared the secret with US!
I'll give you a minute to recover from the swoon...
In fact, go get a cup of coffee. You'll need it, just reading the ingredients. I promise you.
Ready?
INGREDIENTS:
2/3 cup butter
4 1/2 cups white sugar
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
2 (7 ounce) jars marshmallow creme
|
16 ounces chocolate candy (such as
Hershey's®)
2 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
2 cups peanut butter (optional)
|
DIRECTIONS:
| 1. | Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan. Set aside. |
| 2. | Bring butter, sugar, and evaporated milk to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Boil for 5 to 7 minutes, then remove from heat and quickly stir in the marshmallow cream, chocolate candy, and chocolate chips, until the chocolate has melted and is fully incorporated. Pour chocolate mixture into the prepared baking pan. Dot the top of the fudge with peanut butter. Swirl a knife through the fudge and peanut butter to create a marble effect. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Cut into squares for serving. |
This makes a HUGE batch of milk chocolate/peanut butter fudge, which is good, because if you're going to give it as gifts, you'll still have plenty to sample at home. As in...you'll have an easy 1/2 lb. after dividing it for the mailman, UPS guy, hairdresser, every neighbor you ever said "hi" to, random strangers on the sidewalk...
It looks like too much of everything, but I'm telling you, it's PERFECT.
Merry Christmas!
(Now come pick up your sample of Fat Pete's and have a cup of coffee with me.)
2 comments:
Wow, this looks fantastic! And, my peanut-butter-and-chocolate-lovin' inlaws are coming in from TX this weekend. They will love, love, love this --- thanks!
Shelly,
It IS fantastic....and if you stick it in the freezer, thinking that will make it more resistible, you should know that it's even BETTER frozen. I didn't think it was possible, but now I know.
Let me know how yours turns out! And have fun with the in-laws!
Post a Comment