My sister Meghan...
This is not her best picture by FAR, because she wasn't feeling well yesterday, but she's beautiful, isn't she?
Meghan is the sister I got 10 years ago, when my dad married her mom. It was Brady Bunch-ish...except there are only two boys and four girls. But still. The oddest thing is that we all just seemed to fit together. I'm the oldest, STILL, then B.J., then Jen, then Meghan, then Barry, then Cari; all stair-steppie, year-wise. (You need to know, spell check HATES me for words like "Bunch-ish" and "steppie".) But we all get along, all fall in together easily, all love to see each other when we can.
I only see Meghan once a year; twice, if we have a funeral which is an awful reason to get together. But we're so very much alike...both have those love languages of physical touch and quality time, both love food (hence like to cook), both get overwhelmed by shopping because we're so visual, both impulsive, both people-persons. I think she's a lot more well-rounded, but we're generally on the same wave length in the way we think. For instance, yesterday when Karen got on the computer, Meghan asked if she was on Facebook. Karen said that no, she was looking for denim jackets. I piped up and said that we HOPED she was on FB because we wanted to know what was going on...what people were doing! And Meghan laughed, saying that that was exactly it!
She has two daughters that I love, too. Tristin lives in Bozeman and attends MSU, working her tail off to pay for it herself...beautiful, smart girl. And Sydney is 9 years old and played like crazy with my babies the last couple days...they played "doctor", with Maggie and Angus being the bossy patients. Here they are with the cowboy hats their PopPops gave them!
My sister Jen is moving to Spokane...more on that later...but that's halfway between Meghan and I.
YES!
We're talking Coeur D'alene lake and a cabin next summer...
Can't come fast enough!
1 comment:
That's cool. I have step siblings, which still feels so weird. Dad died four years ago and mom remarried last year. The weekend of their wedding was only the second time I met him (it's the VT vs. FL thing), and his kids (who are Kristiina's age! psh) I met two of the three at the wedding. It's hard to develop close relationships when we're all in different states. I hope to someday get where you are, though! Sweet post!
Post a Comment