Monday, July 23, 2012

And just like that, he's SIX!

My son had a birthday, last week.
A BIG one; the now-I-can-go-to-Maggie's-school birthday!
He wanted to go swimming, have a super hero theme, the Incredible Hulk on his cake (which was to be white with white frosting; what's THAT about?) and open presents that contained LEGOs.  All these things happened!

(I know...the kids cannot believe I pulled off TWO parties that actually looked like parties, either. Once every 10 years, babies...it's a long, long time to wait for another super hero party.  But if I save the leftover decorations, I'm halfway there, right? Can you imagine Angus's 16 year old face? This could be really fun...)


The obligatory singing of the birthday song...
(I didn't take pictures of the magnificent crepe paper streamers hung above the table! Drat.)


Birthday boy, making a wish (for more LEGOs) and nearly toppling the Hulk with his enthusiastic blowing!


Cake'n'ice cream, with Ben telling the whole party about the super hero movie...the Avengers?...I think.  Maggie looking like she's going to contradict his "facts" even though she knows nothing about it.


Hope it's more sharp little plastic pieces to scatter around the living room, down the hall, under the stove...


This picture makes me laugh!  See the beautiful teen age girl in the midst of the kids?  That's Haley, who ALSO had a birthday on July 20th (her seventeenth) and who spent the afternoon with kids significantly younger than her without pained sighing or rolling of eyes, even when we all went to the pool! We didn't even PAY her to do so!


Travis and Jen Pluhar just had their third baby, Sydney, and Maggie got to hold her and feed her.  This was such a precious moment!  And NO matter how much you beg, dear girl, you ARE NOT getting a baby sister.  You can just borrow Payson and Katie's once in a while.

After that, we went swimming and THEN....
BONUS!
We went out to Beth's house to play with cussins, eat pizza and watch a movie!
(I had to pick up 4 months worth of People magazines; what richness!)
It was a good birthday for the boy.
And now he can go to Maggie's school.

3 comments:

Rosie O'Grady said...

I can't believe Angus is 6 already. These are the best birthday parties--lots of fun, and the toys fit in big boxes than can be carried in the house. When they are 18, the packages are either really small or really big. As usual, their cards will be late, but better late than never. Give them both hugs for me!

Marina said...

I agree with Maggie...she needs a baby sister!! ;)

Shelly said...

Happy Birthday, Angus! I'm glad all your wishes came true. Don't know how you entertain so seemingly effortlessly, Mary...and with so many gatherings so close together. Oh, and Maggie, you look like a natural with the little ones.