Sunday, April 15, 2012

The game's afoot...UPDATE

Maggie decided this morning that it was time to check the ice cream carton for prints.  With a magnifying glass.  Very professional detective work, very thorough. 

After a few minutes of examination, she pronounced that there was, indeed, a fingerprint. 

More examination...."It's too small for Dad's!"

Crud!

More examination...."It's too big for Angus!"

Double crud!

Umm......

"So what's your next step, sweetie?" (Hoping to stop this OBVIOUS process of elimination...)

"I have to fingerprint everyone!"

Yes!  Yes, you DO that, Ms. Holmes.  That'll take awhile.
Can you believe I'm sweating this?
I'd confess, of course, except that it would ruin the mystery for her.

Well, it's TRUE!

(No comments from the Forsyth readership!)


2 comments:

ynranch said...

I am waiting for the reward to be double then I am going to spill my guts and tell all I know about this terrible awful crime !!

Is there a Tips Hot Line Number setup?

The Farmer's Wife said...

yn-
You'll spill your guts for $1.50?
She's 7!
And unemployed, I might add....
(No hot line. I pay the phone bills, I cover the bases.)
:)