I told you that Maggie wants a detective kit because she is, after all, a REAL detective. She just lacked the kit and the mystery...two major components of detecting.
Well, we have a mystery!
It's so exciting!
Yesterday, in the mail, this incredible cookbook showed up with a gift receipt but no indication of the sender.
It's a cookbook that I've been looking at for a couple years, but could never justify buying, simply because it's gorgeous and ostentatious and rahther expensive. At least it LOOKED gorgeous and ostentatious in the pictures. It's gorgeous, alright. And if you drop it on your face while reading it in bed, you'll need stitches. But the recipes are completely useful and wonderful!
Maggie is enthralled with the mystery and was looking for scotch tape to lift fingerprints. She was ALSO speaking of getting a bloodhound, which seems a bit over the top for this sort of case, but every good gumshoe has a sidekick I guess....if nothing else, for effect!
I thought I'd go the blog route and see if I could find anyone who would actually admit to sending the gift!
If no one comes forward to accept their hug and culinary thank-you present, then I guess I'll have to ask you all to submit fingerprints, DNA samples and a worn sock for the bloodhound.....
1 comment:
Attention blog readers--and especially YOU, Shelly--do NOT be fooled by things that look gorgeous and ostentatious in pictures. Remember you-know-who and the cowboy book club? Y-y-yep. That's all I'm going to say.
As for the mystery, I'm dropping a dirty sock in the mail today. No gift receipt...
Merry Christmas!
The Original and Still the Best Anonymous
Post a Comment