I know you're all wondering, but are too polite to ask, where I've been. Well, except Homer who could stand the suspense no more and wrote me a "Where ARE you?" email. (See? Someone misses me...)
The kids and I loaded up the Trailblazer and drove west to Bigfork, MT to visit family/friends.
Dear friends that became family a long time ago and we've forgetten that we're not blood relatives, you know.
In the movie, While You Were Sleeping, Sandra Bullock's boss exasperatedly tells her, "Lucy! You're BORN into a family! You don't just join one...like the Marines..."
Well.
I beg to differ.
And here we are, Grandpa Jasper, Grandma Celestia and the crew.
We really just drove there, settled in and proceeded to sleep, eat, play and sun, repeat; for 4 1/2 days!
That being the case, there really aren't a lot of tourist-y, vacation-y photos of the whole trip.
There ARE wonderful pictures of laid back, good times for your enjoyment!
Jaspers live on the edge...and I mean RIGHT on the edge...of an airport/runway. Now you'd think it would get noisy and annoying, but it's really quite fun, with each plane getting a wave and goodluck wishes. There isn't a huge amount of action, most of the time, but Monday, before we left to come home, there must've been eight planes that took off before noon! That's a lot of waving...
On to the water sports! The kids got big water pumps for their birthdays and it was SO much fun to chase around, trying to soak each other.
Please note: appropriate swimwear!!! It's a big deal.
I love this picture of Celestia! And that's how we spent most of the afternoons...
I don't know if you can read the title on this book; it made me laugh!
Come Out of the Kitchen: A Romance
Well, heck yeah!
I read a LOT...and that was a gift, because I haven't been reading much, lately.
You might wonder why I'm posting a picture of a percolater...besides thinking that I've gone over the edge with my coffee love. Frank Jasper, Celestia and Jasper's oldest son, and I worked that poor old pot over, removing the coffee oils from all the crannies and when we got done, it was so beautiful that I had to take a picture! It's home-y, to me.
Meet Frank...he's going to law school in Missoula, but drove up to visit on Sunday. It was good to have a brother to fight with... :)
I have some more pictures on my phone that I'll put up as soon as I get them transferred over, but really, this is what it was!
I love summer.
1 comment:
Great pictures and it looks like you had a nice time. Good job Angus for wearing something besides underwear to swim in! lol
Post a Comment