Sunday, May 29, 2011

MORE cow pictures...

Hey, it's all I've got right now....

*sniff*
It's all I've got MOST of the time....

Welcome to Cohagen, Montana.

The bulls have been moved from the pasture next to our house and the two year olds with their calves have moved in.  It's a good arrangement for all of us.  The cows come visit my bum calves....
Check out that grass!!!

Guess who came home for a visit?
DAISY!
And Rosie, too, of course.
Can I just tell you? I am so stinking proud of that little cow that I could bust!
She's beautiful. 
And her calf? 
Beautiful.
One in a million chances that a bum calf would turn out to be a great little cow....
(I tried to convey these thoughts and feelings to the Farmer, who, when strenuously prodded for a response said, "I've got nothin' to say against it...".  He's just jealous.)

Moving on....
The latest portrait of Willie and Lily.
Makes me laugh, because Miss Lily has her little snoot up, looking for the bottle!


Okay, this is just silly, but you saw that coming, didn't you?
One of the things that amuses me about cows is how they all have different hairdos; unique topknots.
These girls are all blown out, but when the wind isn't tossing them, they'll have curls or frazzles or bangs, almost.  They look for all the world like a bunch of ladies who went to the beauty shop for their wash and set.  Sometimes, when we're moving cows, I get all distracted looking at their funny hair.


This morning was lovely, so I went out on the deck for coffee.
Okay, so it was a little cool, and I actually ended up with sort of a coffee-sicle, but here's my view from the glider.



Wish you were here to have coffee with me, and enjoy the funny cows at sunrise....


3 comments:

SarahP said...

Just wanted to say hi! A fellow Miles Citian (who is a transplant from Jordan) told me about your blog. I too am a rancher's wife living in the hills east of MC.
I cannot believe the greeness in Cohagen country!
Anyway - hi!!

Shelly said...

Keep the cows coming; we think they're adorable! And as for the hairdos, they look like Faux Hawks -- they're obviously on the cutting edge of bovine fashion.

The Farmer's Wife said...

Sarah, thanks for taking time to say "hello"! I really have no idea who's reading the Chronicles unless they comment or officially follow it. Welcome!

Shelly, they ARE cute, aren't they? Cows make me laugh, with all their personality. I'm glad you like the cow posts...goodness knows there are plenty...