Well, pour a mimosa, kick off your fluffy bunny slippers and prepare to be amazed. (Amused. Appalled. There's any number of "A" words that work in that sentence.
1. What’s your favorite non-sport game?
Tricky.
I have two.
If forced with a gun to play a board game, I'd choose Pictionary. I really have a hard time with board games and cards because they require me to sit in one place a long time. But Pictionary is actually fun and there's action, suspense, and quite often, humorous results from the speedy drawings.
One memorable time, I was playing Pictionary with the Yosts and Ty and I were partners. We were smoking along until I got the word "lungs". Timer started, I drew the body shape and then added (what I thought were perfectly drawn) lungs. Ty said, "I'm not guessing that one, Mary Jane. I'm not going there!" I had NO idea what he was talking about and was getting really impatient with him not guessing. When the timer ended, me mad and him embarrassed, the girls were DYING with laughter...like, tears it was so funny....at my picture of what looked likes sagging...anyway. That picture hung around in the box for just ever and we laughed every time we ran across it.
The other non-sport game I like, which was the one I was going to list first but wasn't sure it counted, is pool. Billiards. It is so much fun! And I'm absolutely the worst pool player in the world, but I love that there's strategy, physics (angles and applied force), teams, lots of visiting between times you shoot....there's action. You can walk around the table, chalk your cue stick, take tons of time pretending to set up an impossible shot that accidentally sometimes works...this is my favorite non-sport game.
There was an old pool table in the high school dorm where I lived and we figured out the weird tilts to the table, the particular curves to each stick, the rough spots that would slow a ball. Sort of messed us up for REAL pool, it turns out; level tables, straight sticks, smooth felt.
2. What’s your favorite riddle?
It's obscure and ancient. I learned it from an antique nursery rhyme book and no one has ever really heard it....see if you are familiar with it: "Thirty white horses upon a red hill; now they prance, now they dance, now they stand still." What are they?
3. Outside God and His immediate family, who is your favorite biblical character?
I like Peter. He was impulsive; walking on the water without thinking about the impossibility first. He was passionate; cutting off the ear of the Roman soldier who came to arrest Jesus. He was loyal and at the same time, a bit cowardly; boldly stating that he'd stand beside his Lord, then denying him three times out of fear. But did you ever notice? Peter was only one of the two disciples that followed Jesus to the court of the high priest. Even though he denied Christ three times, he still was one of the only ones to follow to that scary place! Impulsive. Passionate. Loyal. Scared.
I think Peter must've been the disciple that the others called crazy, but in a good way.
4. What’s your favorite movie theme song?
OH! Really? A movie theme song? I actually put a lot of thought into this one...sadly, since I could've been spending time and brain cells coming up with some sort of solution for global warming.
The one song that I LOVE hearing is the Indiana Jones theme song. It's grand, big, bold....one of the songs that perfectly embodies the complete feeling of the picture. You can hear that song anywhere and immediately go straight into adventure mode. At least I do. I think THAT would be a great song for graduation!
5. Who is your favorite Greek god/goddess?
Hermes. He was a messenger from the gods to the mortals, protector of travellers and shepherds and cowherds, god of literature and poets, of athletes, of inventors and of commerce. He also takes care of old crones, which I'm starting to see as a really cool thing. The Greeks attribute the invention of fire, the lyre, and...this is funny...the sport of boxing to him. Not many people remember him, because of Apollo, Zeus and all the big dogs.
6. What toppings would you use to create the perfect hamburger?
Here's how I would make the perfect burger:
First, the burger would have a dip in the center, concave instead of the convex burgers we usually wrestle with. That way there'd be a handy little cup for the sauce. Barbeque sauce that's homemade, dark and complex, probably concocted by my dad. He makes the best sauces! It would be warm, too...just off the stove where it had been simmering.
I have to have bacon...not the wimpy two strip deal, but four or five strips not too crispy, not too limp. They would reside UNDER the burger, between it and the bun. Does it drive you crazy that the bacon always slides off as you eat the thing? It does me, and I think this would eliminate that problem.
Speaking of the bun....I want a Fuddruckers bun. Better than homemade but sort of like homemade. If you haven't had the pleasure of meeting a Fuddruckers hamburger bun, I strongly suggest you hunt one down and discover the wonder. They're made to taste sort of buttery and they feel too light to hold a burger but somehow they stay together. And you don't end up with that whole "it's all bun and no meat" feeling.
Okay...back to the toppings....I'd have a slice of grilled pinapple on top of the barbeque sauce, melted white cheddar cheese over that, and some sliced green chili peppers on the cheese that have been lightly sauteed in butter. A twist of fresh ground pepper...just one twist....and top with the other half of the toasted Fuddruckers bun.
That would be my perfect burger.
And so ends the rather longish list of fun questions!
Send any questions you have...there's none too stupid for me to tackle...and I'll do a Crazy Mary post.
That would be my perfect burger.
And so ends the rather longish list of fun questions!
Send any questions you have...there's none too stupid for me to tackle...and I'll do a Crazy Mary post.

1 comment:
#2 - teeth! My grandma used to tell me that one all the time, (I never got it then because I adored horses and couldn't get past that line)
Post a Comment