It's a long story.
And you're going to get most of it.
So go pour yourself a beverage and get comfy...
Here we go:
My friend Anne and I took a mental health day to Miles City, the first part of December, in which we mostly just ate out, pretended to Christmas shop and ended up spending about two hours (conservative guess) in a little shop called Ravishing.
It's a store we dare not even walk by, with children.
It's a store we don't let our husbands check the price tags. On anything. Not even the belts.
It's got the most FABULOUS clothes you can imagine.
Sort of like a celebrity dress-up store, in a little cowtown!
And we must've hit the owner on a magnanimous day, because that's what she let us do: try on clothes to our hearts' content.
It takes awhile. Our hearts weren't content for a long, long time. And it was only when we started baiting each other and disagreeing about styles, that we called it quits.
Typical snatch of conversation at the beginning of the session:
"Oooo! Anne, I really like that. You should try it on. It'll be FUN! Besides, you look great in that style!'
"Mary, that dress is perfect. You need that. How much? Oh. Well. I wonder how long you can wear it around the store..."
Typical snatch of conversation at the end of the session:
*"I don't like that. At all."
"Well, I DO. I'm going to try it on."
moments later...
"I still don't like it."
"I DO. I think I'll have her write it on my Wish List!"
Aaahhhh, the Wish List.
The owner keeps a little index card with each customer's name on it, the size and style of the desired clothes, and the price. We didn't really count as "customers" per se, seeing as how we didn't have $198 on us at that moment to buy the perfect dress. And probably never would. But she kindly wrote down our information and thanked us for coming in and wearing all her clothes. Sort of.
(Incidently, the maximum time you may wear a black, shimmery Joseph Ribkoff dress that fits like it was made for you that day, is around 20 minutes....Anne distracted her and I took advantage. *sigh*)
On my list were two items: the previously mentioned perfect dress and some jeans that I impulsively tried on and fell in love with....because they were so impractical and...well...you'll see....
After we returned home, we excitedly told our husbands about our big day, and they sort of asked what the prices were, turned a pale-ish sort of shade, and the matter was dropped. Or so I thought.
The Farmer, knowing I was going to the Pat Green concert in February, and feeling flush with dough, or insane or something, snuck into Miles and bought the jeans for me for Christmas. I never imagined that he would. I was slack jawed when I opened them at his parents house. (So were they, to be quite honest.)
And here's why:
What are all those things on the back of them?
Those would be rhinestones.
(Karen, tell me what Dad says....I can only imagine....)
They are incredibly flashy, for this Eastern Montana girl, and I love them.
They are also completely form fitting, with not a milli-skeeter to spare, so I've been trying them on once a week to make sure the runs are still working.
Only just...
Anyway, when you see a post about my trip and it refers to the Pat Green jeans, now you have the background on 'em! I don't REALLY have Pat Green's jeans. (Poor Marina probably just about fainted with envy, on that first statement. Sorry!)
(They go GREAT with my tiara...)
*Just in case you were wondering, Anne and I left the store as good friends and decided it was low caffeine in our systems that was causing the irritability. We went to Kafe Utza, got a good slug of the good stuff, and had a great rest of the trip!)
11 comments:
I very seriously pondered buying the dress for you, but couldn't fathom a place you'd even be able to wear it for at least a year. So "practical" pants it was.
Remind me to check your bags before we go on our next excursion... I love you Mary, but I'm not sure my "practical beige" nature could handle going anywhere with someone in those jeans!! I'm sure they'll look gorgeous... you might try them with a pair of red heels. I'd even let you take my red purse along if you wanted it!
You ARE right, Mary! My heart skipped a beat when I first read the title. :) But, I'm still jealous after reading the entire post...are those Miss Me jeans?? I am still green, because my booty so desperately longs to be bedazzled by Miss Me, but I just cannot bring myself to do it until I am back in my pre-pregnancy size! Maybe that should be my motivation. I should buy some and hang them on the pantry door as my "No, no, no" reminder! :)
Traci Lee! I'm laughing because I can see you DOING that! And pulling them out, and me trying to justify them, and ending up taking them but with the condition that I wear them ONLY with a long jacket, which I would promptly ditch, causing you to shake your head and tell everyone that it was NOT your idea and you tried your best to rein me in....
*Big breath*
Marina, they ARE Miss Me! I love it, because I have my monogram on them, as a result. Do it! Buy the size you want and work your butt off...literally. You can do it...I have pictures of you to prove it. :)
Farmer...you did go the practical route. Just ask Traci. :) I LOVE them!
I am sooooooooooooo very proud of the Farmer and THRILLED for you because I LOVE those jeans!!!!!! :) You'll love love love love love wearing them!
what part of montana are you from? i live in wonderful little town called Havre... just a ranchers wife living the good life!!!
I am so proud of that Farmer! And I can't wait to hear about the concert, being as Pat Green is pretty special out here where I live. The jeans are perfect. I see them every day stretched over the back sides of these girls in hifh school, and I just know they look a heck of a lot better on you than on them. You go girl!
P.S. Just remember--gaudy is good!
Soooo, Ravishings is having a huge sale~she is getting some new styles in and she called and told me they are marking things WAY down:-) Just a little FYI, you need to come to Miles for something this week don't you? L'Dene
Mary, my chipmunk cheeks are itching to call and wish you bon voyage on the trip...however all you would probably hear is " I woooovvee dos jeans on u" and "Hab a gob twip". So, let me rewrite, I love those jeans on you and have a good trip. Farmer did a good job and I hope to heck you have a great time in CO this week. Please put up posts for us if possible. AND, given the above info from L'Dene...I think we need to go again. And this time, I'll actually try on a mini-skirt. But only because I love you and only because it is within the confines of a dressing room...and, have you noticed...it is still too cold to wear it outside the store? ;)
Wayland really stepped up to the plate, I have to love that man's logic, they just can't help themselves. As for your Dad, he said all that bling will be kind of hard on the seat of your saddle! Don't you just love it?
Have a wonderful time and strut your stuff in you new jeans and I think Traci is right, hopefully you packed your red heels.
Post a Comment