Saturday, January 29, 2011

Hello, Sunshine!

We've had some beautiful, bright, warm days this week....in the mid-30's.
Perfect snowman making weather, you know.
Heck, for Montana, it's almost swimsuit weather...
Anyway, Angus and I made a snowman and then rolled around in the snow for the afternoon, soaking up the sunshine!
Even the snowgirl was happy.


The wind blows the snow into fingerdrifts everywhere, rather like frozen waves.


The men have been trying to keep the snow plowed, so they can get to the cows and we can get to the house.  It's hard to tell how big these piles are, until I give you a perspective.


So, here's Angus, climbing to the top.  He's probably about 3 1/2 feet tall, so you get some idea of the pile.

King of the mountain!
(It's not as sweet, if you don't have a sister around, pushing you down and trying to capture the crown.)


Cows, off in the distance....mile after mile of nothing but glossy white snow.


I guess you know he threw some snow down at me.


I love Cordelia's smile, here.  She just sat on that fencepost in the sun, watching Angus roll around in the snow, and smiled. 

So did the snowgirl!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

So glad you're getting a break from all of the dark days, bitter cold and wind. Good job on Snowgirl. Angus! She's evidently both a practical girl (ear flaps on her cap) and a stylish one (flower adornment and ribbon)!

Marina said...

The snow is stunning! That second picture is breathtaking.

I grew up in a small west Texas town that is famous for their sand dunes. Yeah, those dunes were about the size of the snow 'dunes' you have there. I guess the good thing about your 'dunes' is it doesn't burn your feet! :)

Luci said...

I LOVE the smile on that calico's face!