Sorry to have to do that to you. Now that song will be in your head all day, I know. Isn't that wicked? (At least it's not Frosty the Snowman or something like that...)
I didn't really have a great place for these pictures, from the last week, but wanted to show you the roads we drive and some of the scenes we see from them....miles and miles and miles of them. Another ACTION-PACKED post, from the Farmer's Wife....try to keep your heart rate down....
This was taken from my in-law's road, in the direction of our house. The light was incredible right then, but it's impossible to convey depth on a landscape that just rolls on and on, like a welcome mat.
Before I get scolded...I did NOT look through the lens to take this picture! I know better. But I loved how the clouds were backlit. Same evening as the picture before.
This is a curious sort of Garfield County road. Blacktop and then....bam! gravel. And that's all she wrote. This is what our autumns look like...grey, grey, grey. Makes me so thirsty for color, sometimes!
Such a typical Eastern Montana landscape. It almost bugs me, because it's so....stock. But then, perhaps, I'm used to looking at it and others will enjoy it more.
I WASN'T driving at the time I took this picture! But this is what I see in my rearview mirror when we're coming home from the bus. Eight miles from the bus to our house!
And this is the scene through the windshield, at the same point. (A TREE!!!)
6 comments:
So you and I nearly drive the same distance to take our kids to school. How odd is that????? LOVE the pictures and the old wagon wheel is BEAUTIFUL to me.....I loved the photos. I love to see posts like this that help me to think about your life out there. And then I think of your snow....it's gotta drift bad there, doesn't it?
your everyday to you is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l to us!!! you are an amazing photographer... So I am curious, do families in your area home school their kids because of the distance to everything? I would think home schooling would be a necessity in the long deep winters... just curious... Hope you have a wonderful SUNday...
Glorious Montana. Thanks, Mary.
That was actually me who said "Glorious Montana. Thanks, Mary."
Just so you and all of your readers know, these last two Anonymous comments were NOT from me. And it kind of frosts me that someone else would use my name like that. Whoever it is didn't even ask. I feel so...used.
In fact, I don't think I've EVER even uttered the word 'glorious.' Ever. A privileged few have, however, heard me belt out the words to Country Roads, Take Me Home. Talk about glorious...
Signed:
The Original and Still the Best Anonymous
The snow actually doesn't drift like you'd think it would, simply because there's NOTHING to stop it, Denise! And that's a wheel off an OLD tractor or other farm implement...it's right by a cattleguard. Do you all have cattleguards in Michigan?
And Miss Lori, there's really relatively few homeschoolers in Montana! We're just used to the forever drives and the weather, and so are the kids. I've seriously thought about it, though, for other reasons.
My Anonymous friends....
First two comments cracked me UP! I have no idea who you are, but I'm glad you left a remark and REALLY glad you left the SAME "unsigned" remark.
TOaStB Anonymous, you strike me as a bit insecure...nonetheless, if you admit to singing that song in front of other people, you're my kind of crazy! Thanks for clarifying the confusion over anonymity, here.
Post a Comment