Before I start this whole post, you need to know I lost the "Mother of the Year" nomination LONG before I lost the child at the fair. But I'm okay with that. So don't try to reassure me or be all nice about it, okay? If I can laugh at it, so can you...
This last May, Maggie came home with an envelope from her teacher. She explained to me that she'd lost a tooth at school, but this time she didn't swallow it! How thrilling! I put the little envelope up on the shelf above the sink, so Angus wouldn't get it and so that I wouldn't forget about it.
Today (YES. TODAY. As in "Tuesday,August 10, 2010...three full months later.) we finally got the tooth out and it was Tooth Fairy City! Maggie had a little tiny case in which to put it, and we wrote the most miniscule note possible to explain. I then sent her off to her room to put it up high on a shelf above her dresser, so Angus wouldn't get it and so that I wouldn't forget about it. (You see a pattern, here.)
Not TWO minutes later, I hear water running in the bathroom and think nothing of it.
Then Maggie comes out, saying, "I have to tell you something funny, Mama."
She explains, "I was washing the tooth, because it had a little bit of blood on it and I dropped it. But that's okay, because I'll just leave money for the Tooth Fairy."
I know this was true, because she smelled strongly of antibacterial soap, which is sort of novel if I'm not standing over her putting it in her hands.
So....
The child has lost two baby teeth, so far.
The first one she swallowed, with a mouthful of apple.
The second one, after being resurrected and dusted off three months later, is down the drain and gone.
Third time's the charm, right?
We'll keep you posted....
2 comments:
Thou shall not judge ...
Hehehehehe! LOVE IT!
Post a Comment