Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Fwog Pond Party

*This is a photo intensive blog post.  But all the kids are exceptionally cute...that should make it worth your while.


We had Angus' birthday party at the Frog Pond in Miles City; a little pool that's about 2 feet deep in the center with a big ole frog to slide down.  It's perfect, because the kids can all splash and play to their heart's content and it's CLEAN. And then we eat cake at a pinic table, eliminating all the worry about spillage and stickiness.
The Frog, of which I was speaking...

Here's Maggie and her cousin Liv.  This is a rare shot, when no one was moving 60 mph.
I hope that's not drool....
Maggie's love....she told us when she was two that she's going to marry Ben someday and hasn't backed down. 

It's a great sized pool, very quiet yesterday. On hot days, there are enough kids in the place that you could walk across on their little backs and not ever touch the water....
Aaahhhh.  He had no intention of staying for the whole party, I think, but was pressed into service. Behind this smile is a man dying to go pick up his new contacts....and go diving.

B-Allie (that's a nickname for "Baby Allie", which she is not anymore, but we can't stop) giving her man loves.  He likes it and he doesn't. 


The girls are instructing Ben on a random game that makes sense only to little girls.  He wanted to play, but the rules were ambiguous and subject to change at their whim, so he was never really sure if he was doing it right or not.
Welcome to the world of women, sweetheart. Get used to it.

Sizzle! Angus promptly soaked his towel in the pool, so had to resort to warming up and drying off in the sun like a "wazy wizard". (Lazy lizard)



I love the little foot prints...

Squooshy balls that hold water.
They make a great SPLAT when you throw them at someone, and it's fun to suck the water out.
Yes, I tried to stop them, but it was pointless.

Dad, having a man to man talk with the boy. Probably about the girl games....

They came up with this pose all on their own.

B-Allie and Mags....they are such good friends.

Secrets!

The rare pictures of Angus and I....



Ready for cake!!!

They were smelling the cake.
I put coconut flavoring in the frosting and when we pulled the plastic wrap off, everyone leaned in. It smelled wonderful!
Black icing is a wretched medium to try to come up with. It took a whole vial of food color to get it that tone.  We all had grey teeth after eating it.

Singing the birthday song! There was a little breeze, so I was trying to keep the candles from blowing out.  That would've been a never-ending cycle of lighting.



The only time they were quiet.



It takes great concentration, to eat ice cream.

Maggie got some late presents along with Angus.

It's not really a party without blowie-outie thingies.
(What do you call those?)

The Farmer had very strict guidelines for this photo....above the chest, far enough away to reduce wrinkles and blemishes, close enough to see the smiles, good light....
He did alright!
LtoR: Traci Lee (Country Wife, Country Life blog), The Farmer's Wife and Jennifer (Farmer's Wife's sister)

It was a great day.

8 comments:

Denise said...

The pics were great fun. Yes, they are called "blow outey things for birthdays". Glad you had fun. Was it warm?

Marina said...

I'm glad it was a picture heavy blog. Sometimes, those are my favorite...especially when the little bambinos are involved. And, can you teach Robert and Bert those photo guidelines? I always tell them that...then we end up with a nice picture of my fat belly....

MOM 4 LIFE said...

Loved the pictures! Isn't the Frog Pond great!?

Texas Ghostrider said...

looks like fun was had by all, well except for the Farmer, I think he was trying to figure out how to dive in a 2 foot pool.

Glad there are still places in America like that, enjoy!

TraciG said...

There is a young plotting female at this house as well.

Ben went with his dad to Scobey today and came home with a "beautiful" key ring with a bauble attached for his sister. She ran up to me, twirling it around her finger all breathless and said, "Look at my ring, Mommy! Now I can marry Angus!"

I guess that means we both get to pay for both weddings huh? At least we'll get experience in planning the wedding and reception, as well as the rehearsal dinner.

Too funny.

Kim Busch said...

I can't believe how fast they grow up. Great pictures.

shannon said...

I SO wanted to jump in and splash with them. My favorite was the girl games. You nailed the description! :) Good to 'see' you... you all look beautiful. Not a wrinkle in sight. :)

Rosie O'Grady said...

Oh yeah! Birthday parties at the swimming hole. This brings back memories of Roberto's parties at the Jayton swimming pool with all the family--half of Jayton and lots of fun. I sure hate to miss this summer, but...moving is the next thing on the horizon.