Tuesday, July 06, 2010

At last....

(Is that song running through your head, now?)


The advance reader's copy of Homer Hickam's new novel, set in Fillmore County, MT is HERE!!!
It's not available to buy in bookstores, hardback, until November 9th, so if you run right out to Barnes and Noble, all you can do is pre-order it. And I highly recommend you do so.
(Because the librarian is noteworthy....extremely fictionalized, but noteworthy.)



Homer graciously allowed me to read the manuscript last winter, editing the ranch stuff. I was sworn to secrecy about everything, and the Farmer didn't even get to look at the manuscript while I was working on it.  Some of the edits were taken into advisement, I see, but there wasn't a lot to work on because Homer did great research.

I'm going to reread the whole thing tonight.
Yes. The whole book. I can hardly wait!
So exciting!!! 

4 comments:

Marina said...

Famous friends...impressive. My famous friends are the ones I create fictitious relationships with. I know, pathetic.

Denise said...

I am soooooooo excited for you because I know how very excited you have been! Happy rereading! :)

Rosie O'Grady said...

Let me know if you think I would like to read it!

The Farmer's Wife said...

One famous person, Marina...I'm friends with ONE famous person. Several notorious people, but only one famous person.

Rosie, you'd like it. You'd like all the Garfield/Fillmore county references and spend a lot of time guessing who the characters are. And you CAN pick out some of the people! I love it!

Denise...thank you for squealing with me, Morning Mom!