Thursday, May 06, 2010

Eastern Montana I-Spy

The game of I-Spy is really challenging, when you live in Eastern Montana, particularly if you are age 5.  Here's the transcript of our game last night, on the way to Vern's to feed our bum calves:

Mag: I spy something....green.
Mom: Grass
Mag: Right. I spy something....black.
Mom: Cow
Mag: Right! I spy something....sorta grey.
Mom: Sagebrush
Mag: Right. Boy, you are good at this game! I spy something....blue.
Mom: Sky
Mag: Right. Okay, now it's your turn....

If you've ever seen the Disney movie Brother Bear, you'll recognize the two moose Rutt and Tuke playing I-Spy with all the trees....

3 comments:

Denise said...

I love picturing this in my head! :)

Montana Aunt said...

We have the same types of games at our house! This made me laugh, thanks for bring that smile to my face this morning. After all it is snowing in town and we will beable to add to the list....I see something white....uh....snow?lol
Nicole

ranchmama said...

I love that part in the movie! And we play the same here..The kids even tried playing it in the dark this winter on the way home from town.. how exciting is that?! Just for fun, I threw in 'I see something round' (haybale) and it took them a year to figure it out.. course they were all under the age of 5 at the time but hey, whatever works right?!