Thursday, March 04, 2010

Announcing the birth...

...of the first calf of 2010....#858!
Isn't she pretty?!


This is 858's first calf. She didn't like me even taking pictures from afar; I didn't stay long, because I wanted her to calm down.  (Wayland was taking pictures at the same time. Ranch paparazzi...)


She had breakfast and still has some foam on her chin. No fear....Mama will get that cleaned off in a jiffy.

4 comments:

Shannon Popkin said...

Congratulations, Mama Cow!

Writing that reminds me of the time that my 2 and 4 year olds were pretending to be dogs. She was mama dog, and he was baby dog. Then she said to me, "You can be mama cow." How sweet. :)

Texas Ghostrider said...

But your blog wins because you published the pictures first, you go girl, welcome to the photojournalist world!

Rosie O'Grady said...

You be careful out there with those mamas! They might just take you over the fence.

The Farmer's Wife said...

I'm almost always the Mama Cow, Poppie....good to know there are two of us!

I really did give W. the chance to post first, but he left his camera in the shop, so that mishap gave me permission to post.

I am careful, dear little Auntie. The beauty of having a telephoto lens is that I can be quite a ways away and still get the shot. Not really scared of these little two year olds, it's the 9 year olds that shake me up. THOSE old girls, now, would eat my lunch and be happy to do so. Vern takes a baseball bat when he tags their calves. True story!