Friday, January 01, 2010

Good News, Bad News

Good News: I had nearly all the laundry done before we left for Billings on our swimming/vet trip. (It's true! I was so proud.)

Bad News: The volume of work killed my dryer.

Good News: I have a clothesline!

Bad News: It's about 10 yards from the back door, beyond the 3 foot drifts of snow and the windchill is -5 degrees, at the moment.

Good News: My husband can fix nearly anything with the right parts.

Bad News: He can't obtain parts for quite a while, due to the holiday and weekend.

Good News: The kids don't really wear clothes around the house anyway.

Bad News: Now they want to put on elaborate clothing ensembles, which I hate to discourage. They've decided to wear clothes! (They may have to wear the SAME clothes for 3 days, but they're dressed, doggone it.)

Good News: I will have a legitimate excuse for letting the laundry pile up.

Bad News: I was just getting into the groove of getting all clothes laundered, dried, folded and put away.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was a child there was a lady who lived near the Yellowstone River in Miles City that hung out wash on a line almost every day. We would drive by that line of clothes every time we went to town and comment on it. And it was never too cold to hang out which I always thought was curious because wouldn't the garments just freeze stiff??

Rosie O'Grady said...

Good News! Let it pile up, and then pile it in the car, haul it to Miles City, and do it all at once. It is never convenient is it? My dryer is squeaking loudly every time it is on, but I am just going to run it until it drops, and get another one. Incovenience is too much for desert life!

Lori R. said...

Glad you are still smiling (sounds like you are)! My dishwasher quit/died and no fixing it. Had to buy a new one and won't be installed til the 7th. Since I can't stand piling dishes, besides they smell, I pretty much have to hand wash.... I have been having nightmares of my childhood lately!!!

Cowboy's Sweetheart said...

A hard and fast rule: appliances never die when it is convenient!