Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Postcards from my deck


Tiger, complaining about the weather and lack of game (mice).
Tiger is seeking employment and/or companionship from new, kinder people. If you are interested in a feline that is kid-broke, litter box trained, comes from good hunting stock and very affectionate, this is the boy for you.* 
*No returns or exchanges. We are not responsible for any damage incurred to property after the 120 hour non-refundable trial period. May change name as desired.





You knew they were coming, didn't you?!!
Cow Pictures!

All the cows in the pasture south of my house sensed the pull of the open gate and trotted up the hill to investigate and consequently trail through the yard to the pasture north of my house.
They kept looking at me out of the corner of their eyes, daring me to chase them out, but I just took pictures so I could identify the culprits, come sorting time. They really thought they got away with something! That makes me laugh.










Do you see how COLD his precious little paws are?
He's not hollering at me anymore; he's resorting to bad acting.
If he could produce icicles on his whiskers, he'd use that, too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dare say that if a herd of cows decided to sneak through our yard there would be lots of excitement. John would have a heart attack.

The Farmer's Wife said...

Ah, yes. Well, I tolerate a lot of things John doesn't....bugs, for instance, and un-ironed t-shirts!

They walked through with great purpose, so no big deal. HOWEVER, yesterday, they got downright cheeky and rubbed on my trees. I went out to run them out and they acted like I was the interloper. The ring leader is a witchy cow with the number (are you ready for this) 666. That's right.

Texas Ghostrider said...

I guess I know what cow will be making that trip to the market.......

To bad Tigar is so far away, we have plenty of game and lack of snow. He would make a good farm hand down here.

Guess you heard about the firing of the Texas Tech Coach.............

Rosie O'Grady said...

Beautiful pictures--I am shivering looking at them. Well, I have heard about Mike Leach getting fired--actually I have heard the James side of the case. I am furious at Tech, and that is all I am going to say about it right now!