I made an appointment with Lilly, my stylist, for a cut and color next week. (Did you know they no longer call themselves "beauticians"? I'm guessing that was a big promise that wasn't always possible to attain, much less keep, and they had to go with "stylist" because no one can argue with that...)
It's beyond time.
I had a blonde highlight-y do for summer, but apparently when Lilly bleached the color from my strands, the process must've sucked some intelligence from my head. (Precious little, my friends. There wasn't a lot to draw from. Remember, I'm well read, not smart.)
Most of you know that I'm technologically challenged. I've learned some computer skills and I can run the microwave, but that's about the extent of it. We have a cell phone that I can turn on (provided I remembered to charge it) and I can take calls and make calls. One inspired day, I spent two hours entering numbers in the little phonebook/memory feature, but I don't always remember how to access them.
I can't text.
And I don't want to.
So what possessed me to try, I don't know....this is where the bleached-out intelligence comes in....
On our way back from an ag finance workshop in Billings, I decided it was time I tried this texting thing. While Wayland was fueling the car, and then getting supper from the QuickStop (big spender), I looked through all the functions until I found the texting set-up. And wonder of wonders, I managed to type a text! I was so proud!
This is what it said: "Hi traci i figured out how to do it"
Wayland got in the car just as I was hitting SEND.
"Whatcha doin?"
"Texting Traci" (rather smugly)
"Wow!" (You've NO idea...)
The phone rings with a different tone. Traci got my text and probably texted back something lame and quick like "LOL" ...
I flip the phone open to look at my text response and this is what it said:
"Hi traci i figured out how to do it"
That's right.
I sent it to myself.
"What did she say?" (He knew. I KNOW he knew. He just wanted me to crack.)
"Not much..." (Not technically lying, since she didn't say a thing.)
I'm going to tell Lilly to hit me with a good brunette, and hope some intelligence seeps back in...

6 comments:
I'm pretty sure I got that text too... you just forgot to tell Wayland you figured out to send a text to multiple numbers-- ;-) ;-). Oh you're right. He'd see right through that. I tried!
That's funny! I have a friend that texts me things that make absolutely no sense. One night I was texting back for explanation and just got more confused!
If it makes you feel better, for a while Eric's phone made funny ding noises every once in a while and he could never figure them out...thought it was some new weird battery-dying sound. I never thought to check his Inbox. When we finally looked he had 15 some messages from his tech savy brother waiting for him. BTW - I AM alive, well and not lifting anything heavier than Gwen (I know, leaves a lot of room for household objects, eh?). Expect a call from the imaginary friend tomorrow. :)
I learned to text because I had to. I know no shortened wordage thingies but I can text...but i will do whatever I have to to not. I am thinking that maybe I should have my hair dyed darker than this sun bleached blonde it is...let me know if that helps you at all. I need all the help I can get!
Please do NOT become a brunette. We like you the way you are. Thank you.
Wait a minute!!! You can text to multiple numbers? So more people know how dumb I am? That is NOT a comforting thought....
See, confusing texts are pretty much all I'd produce and it's just so much faster to confuse people on the phone.
Anne, that is SO FUNNY about Eric and his text-ring!! Bless his heart...we'll talk later...
Why did you HAVE to learn to text, Denise? The boys' teachers?
Homer, I love your hair comments!!! I'm growing it out, because, as it turns out, you were right about long hair. So, trusting your judgement, I'll not do a Jane Russell brunette. I may go a little bit darker highlights (if there is such a thing) and call it good.
Post a Comment