Saturday, October 24, 2009

Interview by Life With Four Boys...Coffee, Please

Remember the boys who wanted to know if we were going to eat or stuff the trophy stunk? They're back! And they've prepared interview questions, which they sent in an email, but that I'm going to answer on the blog because I know everyone is just dying for this information about us. 


We have questions for you.......


How far is your nearest town?  Our nearest town of maybe 350 people would be about 25 miles from our house. The nearest McDonalds is 80ish miles from our house, along with the movie theatre that shows two shows a week and the nearest Walmart. It's a town of about 8000 people, depending on whether the football game is a hometown one or not. 

 What is the nearest city? I guess the nearest city, or place with a mall, would be about 160 miles away. We have to drive 2 1/2 hours to get there.  It has about 89,000 people and we are scared of the way they drive there.

How far away is the school? From our house, Maggie's school is about 10 miles, mostly gravel and dirt road. The bus runs a little longer route, because of road conditions, and it's about 15 miles that way.  Our school has 6 students, 1-8th grades and 3 kindergarteners. 9 total students.

How long is the bus ride? About 20 minutes for Maggie, longer when the weather is bad.

How far is church? We go to church in Miles City, so about 80 miles away. And we are ALWAYS skidding in, running to Sunday school classes and looking for seats in the back, because we are poor planners and forget it takes a little over an hour to get there...

Do you farm with family? Yes! (Although I got in trouble because I called it a farm...we are a ranch, with cows AND grain, technically.) Wayland's parents are the bosses, and his grandma lives about 8 miles down the road. Maggie and Angus will be the 5th generation of Pluhars here, I think. 

 Does wayland farm full time or work elsewhere? This is a tricky one! He mostly works for the ranch, full-time, but occasionally does some welding or building work on the side.  He also took reserve deputy training a couple years ago, but hasn't done that so far. But he has a great gun, and a little card that says he can carry it. Sort of like hunter's safety, only for big boys.

Do you have high speed or satallite internet out there? We are using satellite right now, but this summer our local phone company wired us for fiber optics, and it's supposed to be coming sometime this year! We can hardly wait.

Favorite tractor? We are a John Deere family! Nothing runs like a Deere....and Wayland just informed me he likes the 7810 over the 8300. Whatever that means. He just said they are both loader tractors. Angus is just crazy about tractors, and they are ALL PopPop's tractors, according to him.

Favorite truck? This pains me to type...I married into a Ford family from a Chevrolet family.  BUT our personal outfit is a GM. And I don't know if you need this information, but Wayland likes the 1 ton pickups. (Here in Montana, we call them pickups.  They will know you are from out of state if you call them trucks...trucks are for hauling grain.)

Favorite coffee? My ultimate very favorite in all the world is roasted in Miles City, in a little tiny Basque coffee shop called Kafe Utza. It's the blackest, richest stuff I've ever had, and once I bought the beans, I was spoiled for anything else.  I drink dark, dark coffee...Sumatra and French Roast, usually. (I understand this question wasn't from the boys, but it won't hurt them to know that!)


If you have any questions for The Farmer's Wife, email me at the address on my profile page.  It won't be like Dear Abby or anything, but you'll get some sort of answer. (My sister's girls call me Crazy Mary, and perhaps I could do a weekly column, here, entitled "Crazy Mary's Q & A" or something.)

5 comments:

Patricia said...

What a fun post, Mary. And I would LOVE a "Crazy Mary" column. Really, I would!

Denise said...

okay, we are feeling totally spoiled here in Michigan now. I am posting your post on my blog and as soon as we see if S1 shoots a deer for the boys to be able to eat dinner (post coming on that soon), we plan to answer the questions you sent our way and maybe ask a few more. Thanks for not thinking we are crazy for asking all sorts of questions....Hubby informed me the time for me to worry about you all thinking I'm crazy has long since passed! :)

Texas Ghostrider said...

Questions....hummmm let me think of some...

Praise and Coffee said...

I think Denise is right, you were seperated at birth!!! :)
So nice to meet you crazy Mary!
Sue

Denise said...

uh-oh, we just found your play list at the bottom of the blog, we were seperated at birth! and we thought of more questions....we are thinking we may have to connect over the phone becaue by the time I go to write these down I forget.......