My day went something like this:
- Maggie on the bus! Wait until the bus goes over the hill, then drive that same direction to go to PopPop's house to pick up the Boy. (Didn't want Mr. Kluck to think I was following him, checking on his speed and safety procedures....even though the thought HAD occured to me.)
- Ranch meeting in the entry of PopPop's house, with the outcome being a vaccine/calf creep/hydraulic hose trip to Jordan. After I get my hair and make-up done. And could I do that in about 45 minutes, if it isn't too much trouble?
- After minimal primping, load the Boy up and make an Agricultural tour of the little hometown burg, 23 miles away.
- Back to PopPop's house to deliver the watermelon cookies (I know, ew!) that Angus picked out for his granddad, and to phone in the vet supplies that weren't on the list and that I had miscounted on. Drats.
- Lunch with the Farmer and his son. This was eventful, as the young man who bought the cookies thought he should stay with PopPop for lunch, and was transported, kicking and screaming, to his own table. It was not pretty. We had leftover pizza and spanish rice and cucumbers, since I didn't get home in time to make a fresh lunch.
- Angus went down for a nap; I posted the blog.
- Wake the boy up, kicking and screaming, to meet the bus.
- Many hugs, kisses, milk and cookies and the report on Kindergarten!
- I'll spare you the rest of the evening....
Maggie's day, from what I can tell, went something like this:
- Ride the bus to school, and get off, wondering what to do.
- Got help settling in, from one of the older girls...quite impressive.
- This middle part is a little blurry, and we keep getting details as the day goes on. I think they did something with the letter L, and she says Mr. L has a squeaky voice in his song. Hmm. And they played a letter game and Billy Baker cried, but there's no crying allowed in school, and that's really strange, but then they did some other fun things and Billy Baker was better. (Not sure about this part, and that may be total fabrication, but that was the report.)
- Ate lunch. Not really. But ate all the vegetables, and most of the cookies. There's no sharing food allowed in school, and that's really strange, but then they played the "Mashed Potato" game where the ball was hot, only it wasn't really hot, it was just pretend hot, but it burned her right there...see?
- "I didn't take a nap" "But I rested, but I missed my family just so much."
- Ate a snack. Out of the lunchbox. At the table.
- The bus came and she left. But had to go back and get her packpack. And got on the bus. And the big girl brought her her lunchbox. And coat. (Which she left on the bus, by the way...got THAT call from Mr. Kluck this morning.)
- Came home and had milk and cookies with Mom and Angus, who she really, really missed so much.
- Went for a tractor ride with Daddy and then PopPops, to report on her day.
I'm sure there's more, but like I say, we are getting it in bits and pieces! Her day sounds infinitely more interesting than mine! I called Grandma Celestia, to see how HER day went, and the dear woman was still upright and sober, so we consider that a success! We'll see how Thursday goes. (I am to put soup in her little container, for that day, and also provide cheese and crackers and more cookies. We'll see.)
Maggie and Angus have been getting along like children I've never met, today, and they are playing big games outside, cooperatively. And no-one was up before 6:30, this morning. No one.
3 comments:
A MIRACLE! I thought maybe school would tire her out, finally! I heard the part about the letter L--and a lollipop song... The game Ben was trying to explain is MUCH clearer now. He was excited to do HW like H. and A. and he's ready for more! Must have been a good day, all around....
It is good you are writing these cute things down on paper. As we get a wee older, we forget all the cute "stuff."
Wouldn't you just like to be a mouse in the corner listening and watching?? Both you and Traci...
Oh the stories that they tell.... love to listen to that 5 year old perception of a situation....
Psst.... according to the USPS tracking, your box is in Cohagen....
Post a Comment