Monday, September 07, 2009

Shelf Life

I'm posting this so you know how truly crazy we are about books, in the Farmer's Homestead. We've actually talked about building a room like these, to house our growing library. You've never seen two bigger nerds, than us, when we get to bookstores! We love the smell, the feel, the sound, the colors of books, and honestly, I think we need to look into a 12 Step Program for people who love books too much. Really, the only thing missing in these pictures are huge, comfy chairs, an espresso bar, and a big old table on which to spread all the tomes and refreshments, and a couple of cats.

What do you think?
Crazy?

Or, do you want to come over, when we build the room, and spend a week or so...


5 comments:

Amber said...

Not crazy! I want a library in my house. Plus, I want to be a librarian when I grow up! Our book collection has outgrown out shelves as well. Hmmm, maybe we should have a book swap!

Pohney said...

I always wanting a "Reading Room" with lots of shelves and a lovely easy chair. No Mary you aren't crazy. I think Amber and I would gladly come by for a visit, enjoy the coffee bar and refreshements!

Pam O'Brien said...

I have boxes and boxes and boxes of books! Would love a library... just like the one you described!! :-)

Denise said...

You need a fireplace too....oh, wouldn't a library like that be great?????? Fun post!

Meghan Murphy said...

Sounds divine! I'll bring a blanket and curl up with your books. If you guys ever get out here for a visit, I will take you to Powell's Books and you will think you are in heaven.