Saturday, August 22, 2009

Fashion on the farm!

I bought a bunch of fabric, last summer, intending to get some skirts and tops sewn up for Her Royal Highness, but didn't get that done....among many, many other things!
Anyway, when Aunt Bert was here this summer, she and Grammie Karen got busy and whipped up two dresses and a broomstick skirt. Maggie is over the moon, with the new dresses! I didn't get a picture, yet, of the last dress; coming soon in a photo post.
This is the dress Aunt Bert sewed, back and front. SO pretty! I wish I could wear it!



This is the broomstick that Grammy Karen sewed. It matches her new boots! And it really twirls! Maggie's ready for a dance, now. Cowboy PopPops could teach her how.

See? New boots, AND a twirly skirt!






6 comments:

Lori R. said...

She sure is a cutie and mom bonus points on the boots. Does she take them off to sleep? I caught Tracy wearing hers to bed one night,,, hard to part a girl and her new boots.
Love the outfits. Sure nice when someone sews.

Cowboy's Sweetheart said...

What cute pics. Cowboy PopPop said she just might be a model!
What a nice backdrop the sunflowers make and a sweet little girl!

Farmchick said...

What a sweet dress. I really enjoyed reading through your blog. Hope you can stop by my farm for a visit too. :)

Rosie O'Grady said...

I can't believe that dress actually fits. I thought it would surely be too big. She sure looks cute in all that finery.

Marisa said...

Beautiful, beautiful dress and skirt and boots! And such a charming girl wearing them! She looks so nice!

ranchmama said...

Very cute!! Clothes and model both!

Addy likes the boots, she pointed those out right away hee hee