My daughter learned a new word.
Decay
Only she calls it "decave".
And she's been walking around our yard and house, pointing out things that are evidence of "decave".
Apples that fell from our little tree, and bruised....decaved.
A peach on the counter, that is getting a little soft....decaved.
FRESH meatloaf on her plate....that's not decaved, is it Mom? (Mercy, I would hope not!)
She was headed toward the fridge, on her quest for decaving organisms and I steered her back outside. I can only take so much, you know? And the next thing you know, she'd be pointing out the circles under my eyes....definite decave, there.
It's good to know that even though my physical body is "decaving", my soul won't, in the Lord.
4 comments:
I like the part about "decaved" eyes. When I look in the mirror, I resemble that!! lol
You will be like my Mom and Aunt Belva when my cousin Larry and I were growing. Aunt Belva would say to Mom, "Oh, Mick, isn't this the best age yet?!" as we grew.
I need some more lessons on blogging now, Farmer's Wife...
She doesn't watch Sid the Science Kid, does she? That's how my kids became obsessed with decay. Though, unfortunately, they say it correctly. For two weeks, decay was everywhere...
Don't you just love that little un-decaved mind?
Cade's new word is "obvious". "It's obvious what they're doing," he said to me. I asked, "What ARE they doing?" He said, "It's obvious." Obviously, not to me. But that's probably because my eyesight is decaving. :)
Let her get in the refrigerator! Teach her how to clean that thing out, and then you can just kick back and watch another French movie while she does the work.
Post a Comment