Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It's the end of my school fiscal year, and the financial review that was supposed to have been done in, oh, January, was finally started by the CPA last week. I've been living in front of the computer, but not doing fun things like blogging! So, by the time I get done with bookkeeping and office emails, I just want to run away from the gadgets. AND my dishwasher is broken, AGAIN! I've been doing dishes, in my free time. (I know....it's far from gadgets.)

A lot of you read Wayland's blog, so you know all about the Week O'Relatives, here at Lang's Fork Inc. They were his relatives, so I'm not going to comment one way or the other, here. I'd like to stay on good terms with the in-laws!

It has all of a sudden gotten HOT here in Cohagen, and there are thousands upon thousands of grasshoppers. When you walk across the yard, the ground looks like it's moving, but it's just the hoppers getting out of your way. They are eating my bean plants, my zinnia sproutlings, my spinach, hollyhocks, tomatoes, and t-shirts, if you stand still. Between the heat and the hoppers, the crops are looking pretty dismal. Maggie is fretting, and she squishes as many grasshoppers as she sees. On the other hand, the birds are fat, and so are the toads. But we can't market those.

I have to wrap this up, and put the school books to bed for the year, now. Hopefully, my next post will be a little more inspired and entertaining!

3 comments:

Rosie O'Grady said...

This sounds worse than income tax time. The grasshopper infestation sounds like one of the Egyptian plagues. Hope they die quickly. Love from Auntie.

Texas Ghostrider said...

What is your definition of "HOT"??????

You can keep the grasshoppers up there!

The Farmer's Wife said...

Hot is magnified by sticky, dirty little bodies hanging off me....

Wait until the end of July, TGR. We will match your temps, without much effort. Not that I'm happy about that, mind you....

And grasshoppers are detestable. Maggie and I have been praying they either blow away, or get a fungus on their wings and die. If it's God's will.....