Sunday, June 14, 2009

Alright, I'll give it a whirl...


Miss Lori, at the Altered Glass blog I follow, gave me a blogging award yesterday, and the instructions to pass it on. I'm thrilled with the funny little logo! Iit's located right above the French word of the day. (Does anyone try those? I retain absolutely nothing, but I'm learning pronunciation...)


Back to the award; I'm supposed to list 5 things I really love, in no particular order. I can DO that!

1. I love the Lord. 2. I love my family...especially when they are sleeping, like right now. 3. Coffee 4. Books, all of them. 5. I love my friends; I love them most when we are sharing books and coffee. 6. I love Mollie, who falls under family, even though she's a dog. 7. Food; and when I say I love food, I don't mean the stuff you're supposed to eat when you're trying to lose weight...that's not food. I mean with real butter, real sugar, real vanilla, white flour, fresh fruit, corn-fed beef, bacon....you get the idea. 8. I love football. 9. And fishing. 10. I love gardening. I'm not good at it, but I love it. (Yes, I know that's more than 5 things! Did you really think I'd stop at 5? Lists are fun! Remember, I did the 89 Things To Do In 2009....)


NOW for the tricky part. I'm supposed to pass this along to 5 other bloggers, with links to their blogs. Hmmm. Well, here goes... I bestow, with great pomp and fanfare, the Fabulous Blog award to: Farmchicks Frantics, Country Wife, Latte Buddies , The Corry Story, and lastly but not leastly, Moments with Marisa.


The instructions for accepting the award are posted on Altered Glass, so I won't retype them here...I will scramble something up, and ooopsies! there we'd be.



(Oh, and I read a couple of very manly blogs that I think are fabulous, and I DID consider awarding them this, just to see if they'd put a picture of a shopping lady on their sidebars, but that's pushing it....so someday when I find a skull and crossbones or some such thing to award your blog, I'll do it.)

4 comments:

Lori R. said...

Way to go!! you did it!! I will mention that I, along with you, are learning French pronunciations... I wasn't supposed to remember what it meant was I? I actually took French for 4 years in high school back in the stone age. Got to go to Paris and everything. Do I remember any of it? noooooooo.... Cows don't speak French so I never had to keep versed in it. We did have a few Charolais, but they were Americanized. Anyway, enjoy this glorious day, no matter how cold it is up there!

Texas Ghostrider said...

Congrads on the award. I cracked up laughing at your you may be farmers wife if.....

I can see you out there now putting a "grill" in the mouths of calfs, or bling on the ear tags or around their necks.....lol

The newspaper is only used to confirm all the news you already heard.

enjoy your cool ay I wish it was that here. It is 94 in the shade here.

CampGuy said...

This is TexasGhostrider, I came in peace, do not be afraid.....lol

Hey, this is my other "normal" blog about crafts that I do on the side. I just added a farm picture page on the website, if you want to check out some of my photography. Share with Wayland.....

Greg

Debby said...

Congrats on your award. I found your blog through Lori's and you bring a huge smile to my face everyday. I am with you on the food issue, gotta have all the wholesome stuff to make it oh soooooooo good!
Debby