Monday, May 25, 2009

Back in time, to 2004...

...one of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries.

-A.A.Milne



It rained, last night and today, and rather than fold laundry, like I SHOULD, I grabbed out my scrapbooking stuff and started working on Maggie's album. I got two whole pages done, and they look like a 2nd grader threw them together. It's pathetic.


Anyway, as I was putting the 28 pounds of gadgets one needs to use, in order to put together two stinking scrapbook pages, I found this little 3.5" floppy disc. How curious! We haven't seen those around for a while....


I popped it into our dinosaur of a computer and what did I find, but Maggie's pictures from the hospital; you know, the ones they take in order to put one on the website for adoring aunties, uncles, friends, granndies and long-lost college roommates who saw your name in the paper.


They were the pictures taken right before the hospital staff released us into the big, wide, scary world with our baby, and less knowledge than would fit on a business card about how to take care of her. Can you believe how irresponsible hospitals are? You'd think they'd kick families out in stages.


"This one may take an extra day...the dad got lost in the corridor, looking for the pop machine, and the mom hasn't figured out the sticky tabs on the diapers..."


or


"My! THOSE parents obviously read and cross-referrenced the What To Expect book! Let's throw them out, and see how many calls Ask-a-Nurse gets this week..."


Anyway...

Here's a picture from that sticky July day. My darling daughter, with a dimple and the best guardian angels God could send!

2 comments:

Altered Glass said...

How precious... Since I feel He lends us His children to raise, God lent you a cutie!!

TraciG said...

It's amazing how much Maggie still looks like that...but less scrunched up....