Thursday, January 29, 2009

For Your Information:

Because I know you are all just so interested in my life, and are hanging on waiting for more tidbits....things like: What was that growing in the back of the fridge? or Which laundry detergent works best in your water, Tide or the store brand? and Did she order that purse? Is she going to indeed wear it with her red heels?

The wait is over, my friends!

The purse will be here February 3rd!!! (Pause for applause) And you're going to love this; it's a BIG HONKING PURSE. In fact, it was billed as a shopping bag. I won't give you the dimensions, but rest assured, it will stand out in a crowd. (Unless, say, I'm in a herd of faux giraffe with red collars... But what are the odds of that?)

Thank you for all your comments! I've never had more fun with a post. And I had no idea there were so many opinions about fashion or the lack thereof, among my readers. I had a couple of emails, instead of comments, too. My aunt from Texas said those bags are all the rage down there, it just hasn't migrated North apparently. (No matter what I type, the animal stuff just keeps coming...I'm SO sorry! I can't stop!) And one of the other emails suggested we use it for a prop in one of the Cohagen Plays.

The bag has taken on a life of it's own, and when it gets here, will probably be named. Send me your ideas! Now, I'm off to investigate what is growing in the back of the refrigerator. Another day, another mystery....

10 comments:

Kerri said...

Can't wait to see a picture of your purse and how big it is! :)

The back of my fridge....medicine that I have to take every day. It REALLY stinks having to do a daily shot, but I'm thankful it's not more than that and I don't have bad side effects from it. I'm headed to the dr in a little bit to have my foot checked out and I'm asking her for help to keep me on schedule with all of my meds -- I don't like taking them and I've quit for the past two months. Not the smartest thing I've done...you think after the last MS attack I had, I'd have learned my lesson. Please be praying that I have favor with my dr today because I do not want to cry in her office. I keep thinking "we are weak, He is strong!"

Christine said...

I just saw a gal at the store yesterday with that purse! It was really cute too. Didn't look out of place, no one laughed stared or made one remark as I stood behind her in line, except me! I laughed immediately because I'd just read your blog...I quickly told her that I liked it! It really was a nice looking bag! =O)

Marisa said...

I'm Elinor Dashwood of Sense and Sensibility. I took you quiz, but I'm not sure what that means,or how accurate it was. "Though you are tremendously sensible and allow your head to rule, you have a deep, emotional side that few people often see." I know this has nothing to do with the purse, but felt the need to share, since you asked on a different post, and I can't find it.
Call the purse "Spotty" Or "Brown and Tan"

The Farmer's Wife said...

THANK YOU, Marisa, for responding about the Austen quiz! Now you have to read Sense and Sensiblity to get the true depth of your character....

THANK YOU for the reassurance about the purse, Christine! I nearly stopped the order after I read how big it was, but then I decided, if I was going to make a statement, I was going to do it at the top of my lungs. Someday, my daughter is going to look at pictures of it and gasp, "MOTHER, what were you THINKING???!!"

TraciG said...

As will your friend Traci....

Anne said...

Anne will start looking for a herd of faux giraffes with red collars for her personal amusement........

Jennifer said...

Hola,
I did view the purse and consider it a fashion do......for now! It is pretty trendy, but that's also what's great about it. I like the red accents and can't really picture another color with it. It throws caution to the wind, grabs attention. Of course it depends on what you wear with it. A NASCAR T-shirt may create the opposite effect. Actually, I like it and am starting to get a little purse envy

Anne said...

BTW - I am Elizabeth Bennet on the quiz, for whatever that is worth ;)

The Farmer's Wife said...

Leave it to my sister to bring up NASCAR...
I'm so uber-sensitive to redneck stuff, because I think I'm just one pink flamingo away from a Jeff Foxworthy joke! (We have them at our mailbox. Picture it: the only 4 pink flamingos in Eastern Montana, waving proudly at everyone who takes the county road!)

I need to make an appointment with Lilly, now and get me some big hair...

Christine said...

You and your comments crack me up! Thrilled to of met you on here! I was just thinking maybe I could use your purse for my drawing...you know, something to put all the names in for my contest and pull it out! Can't wait to see your new purse...and fyi the one I saw was big but it wasn't out of place big. It was really cute.