
What do you think of this purse? Really. I can take the truth. I can't tell if it's the coolest thing I've ever seen or just so tacky I can't take my eyes off it. There's a fine line there.
It would be perfect with my red pumps, but do you think Miles City is ready for a handbag like this? Would you be seen shopping with me if I was carrying a handbag such as this? Hypothetically speaking, of course.
Maybe it's a January thing, or a Monday thing, or a I'm-so-tired-of-everything-in-my-closet thing; I really like it! But if I'm about to commit fashion suicide, stop me now! (Unless that's your evil plan. This should weed out the real friends from the token ones, huh?!!!)
17 comments:
I know nothing about fashion, especially accessories. So sure, I'd be seen shopping with you toting this. :) I like the red accent. Normally I'm sensible and plain when it comes to fashion (and other things as well), so when I fall in love with something that falls outside that, I usually get it. Because I always regret it when I don't.
Is that a faux giraffe hide? That alone says it...
says WHAT? Is faux actually WORSE than no faux? Better? So what are you saying, that you won't go shopping with me? It's tacky or groovy? Traci Lee, that was no help at all....
Let's just put it this way. IMHO, anything that even closely resembles what an animal wears on the outside of its body, real or faux, is not meant to be put on our bodies: Leopard print, zebra pring, giraffe print, cow hide to me it all spells TACKY! The only acceptable way to wear animal "hide" is if it is first tanned and made into leather!!!!
So I should cancel the order?
Heck no! Don't cancel - it just means that we will have to make a trek to somewhere truly exotic to make it fully appreciated. I'm thinking Bozangles is just the ticket (they'd just be mad that it wasn't cow hide in Billings!). I think you should also come up with a story about how you shot the giraffe yourself on one of your many illustrious hunting trips to Africa!
I'm with Anne. Tell the story, baby. It would definitely be something to talk about, whether with you or behind your back! What would Kellie say? I can't quite fit my head around it, myself. I think it would be better without the red accents, myself. Did you really order it?
Alright, so I should proclaim to the world that I'm a redneck with no class, take my friends to Bojangles so they can laugh with the crowd and lie about how I got it? Yep, I can definitely tell who my real friends are.
Kellie would laugh and call me Miss Las Vegas 2009.
I think the red accents are the whole reason I like it, frankly. Better than hot pink. Now THAT would be tacky...
Maybe I should just go all out and get a pair of cat eye sunglasses, some big fake bling, a can of Aquanet hairspray and embrace my inner Trailer Court Queen.
I adore this purse. Okay adore is kind of a strong word that should be reserved for more important matters, but I'm over the moon for it! It has snap, crackle, and pop!! And if I see one I'm going to buy it!!
So my vote is a YES!
I like it and I say you should ROCK that purse girl! And when you tire of it put it in the closet... It will turn heads, start conversations, put a spring in your step and most of all hold all your money, lipstick, and keys! A necessity by modern standards :)
Okay, Okay... it appears that I'm extremely outnumbered. But remember I'm the girl who had 3 basic colors in her professional wardrobe...black, navy and brown... My walls are "practical beige"...what do you expect?
Hmmm, I'm thinking not...but I like the red pumps. I can always wear red shoes!!
My pictures are up FINALLY of the puppies. My computer is defragging so I used my hubby's. Whew.
Headed to bed. A very long day of teaching and I'm sooooooooooo cold!!!!
Ok, ok, not only is the purse great but you NEED it and let it be known, you have great taste!!
~ Kellie
Okay, so I read your blog because I'm originally from the big town of Terry, MT. I now live in Spokane and found your blog via Meghan Ross ... Those Crazy Eddys . . . Farmchick Frantics . . . and you! Yes, I spent way too much time on my computer when I started my blog. Anyway, I love the purse and have seen it, or versions of it, everywhere here! It's cute every time I see it!!!! My sister lives in Miles City and would love it as well.
~Erin Corry (an old Terry Terrier:)
I like the purse hehe I have one with lime green accents!
Call me tacky..but I like it!..lol
I think it's cute and I'm really liking the red belt that goes around it as well. I'd pack it around town for sure.
Hello again,
I don't mind if you follow my blog one bit! I assume you won't mind if I follow yours:) It was fun to come across the Eastern Montana blogs. I feel a little out of touch in Spokane sometimes and miss the small things the great plains have to offer.
My little Reegan will turn two at the end of March. She is so much fun right now with all of her talking and interest in everything.
Glad to get in touch with you!
Erin
Post a Comment