Alright, I'm going to go ahead and post this because it's one of my favorite Christmas traditions, albeit a fairly recent tradition.

When my Dad married Karen, the two families blended, but didn't really have a way to bring us gracefully at Christmas. Karen and I visited about what to do and finally came up with Cookie Day, where as many of the kids and thier families come, bringing cookies and candy to share, and decorating sugar cookies.
Sometimes there are a LOT of people, sometimes there are only a couple (due to the flu), but it's always a good time. The little ones are really starting to remember and look forward to the day, and we all go home with a box of sweet food and sweet memories.



Here are some of the pictures from this year's escapade. The two year olds mostly ate the frosting, but the older girls really got busy and frosted along. If you are wondering where the men are, they are hanging out in the basement, recovering from the roast beef lunch. They do a little quality control, with the cookies, too, and sometimes nap.
1 comment:
What a fun tradition! I wish we would have done that back when my two families were blending. I was a geeky 12 yr old, with two new sisters and two new brothers...and lots of family! Now that we're older, we never get together -- and the extended families never meet unless there's a wedding or funeral. Hmm, perhaps I'll try to change something in the future. Thanks for the idea. Happy Tuesday to you!!!
Post a Comment